Online Shopping Tips
Commerce Bank reminds our customers to remain vigilant when browsing or shopping online. E-cards from unknown senders may contain malicious links. Fake advertisements or shipping notifications may deliver infected attachments. Spoofed e-mail messages and fraudulent posts on social networking sites may request support for phony causes. To stay safe online, we encourage users to take the following actions:
- Avoid following unsolicited links or downloading attachments from unknown sources.
- Refer to: Tips to learn more about Shopping Safely Online and Avoiding Social Engineering and Phishing Attacks .
If you believe you are a victim of a phishing scam or malware campaign, consider the following actions:
- Contact Commerce Bank immediately and close any accounts that may have been compromised. Watch for any fraudulent charges to your account.
- File a complaint with the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3).
- Report the attack to the police and file a report with the Federal Trade Commission.
Immediately change any passwords you might have revealed and do not use that password in the future. Avoid reusing passwords on multiple sites.